A great hit with kids of all ages, these miniature party pieces will have them rushing back for more.
- Courtesy of Tarla Dalal
- Contributed by Indiancuisineandculture Y-Group
- Preparation Time : 10 minutes | Cooking Time : 12 to 15 minutes
- Makes 8 pops
- 1 cup boiled and grated potatoes
- ½ cup grated carrots
- 1 cheese cube
- 1 brown bread slice, soaked and squeezed
- ½ teaspoon ginger-green chilli paste
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander
- a pinch sugar
- salt to taste
- 2 teaspoons oil for cooking
- 8 candy sticks
- Cut the cheese cube into 8 equal pieces and keep aside.
- Soak the bread slice in a bowl of water.
- Squeeze out the water and mash the bread and keep in a bowl.
- Add the potatoes, carrots, ginger, green chilli paste, coriander, sugar, salt and mix well.
- Divide into 8 equal portions and shape each portion into a flat round.
- Place a cheese cube in the centre of each round and shape into ovals.
- Pierce a candy stick into each oval and reshape the potato pops on the stick as shown in the picture. Keep aside.
- Cook on both sides on a lightly greased non-stick pan till golden brown using a little oil necessary.
- Serve hot.