Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Potato Pancakes from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, public domain government resource
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Serves: 4
- 6 potatoes, coarsely grated
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 carrot, grated
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- black pepper
- vegetable oil for frying
- Put grated potato in a colander, set over a bowl or the sink, and press out the liquid with your hands. The potato will eventually turn pink, this is normal. Let the potato sit in the bowl for another 5 minutes and press again.
- Combine the potatoes with the milk, carrot and flour in a bowl. Stir the ingredients to mix.
- In a large, heavy skillet or non-stick pan, heat 1 Tbl. oil on medium heat.
- Add about ¼ cup of batter per cake, turning them when golden brown on the bottom.
- Place cakes on a plate covered with paper towels and keep warm in a low heated oven until all the cakes are ready.
- Serve potato pancakes with fresh applesauce or plain yogurt.