In the summer: serve cold with dollops of yogurt and lots of white peppers
- enough stock, good chicken stock, home made preferred, can ok, bouillon at your risk
- enough potatoes, cubed to ½" blocks
- water to cover
- enough leeks, trim roots and tough greens off, split and clean thoroughly, chop crosswise into ¼ strips
- olive oil
- white pepper and salt to taste
- Proportions: balance leeks and potatoes according to taste.
- Balance stock according to strength and consistency.
- Cover potatoes with water and cook til soft, drain, reserving water to make bread.
- In large stock pot, use sufficient oil and cook leeks gently til soft; add potatoes.
- Grind some white pepper, add stock to cover, bring to simmer.
- Ladle stock and potatoes into blender and blend til smooth.
- This will take several passes unless you have monster blender.
- Adjust seasoning or consistency using salt, pepper, reserved potato water.