- 500 g fresh cabbage
- 3 potatoes
- 400 g boiled mushrooms (200 g dried mushrooms)
- 2 onions
- 3 – 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 0.5 cupful sour cream or Sour Cream Sauce
- Separate the cabbage into leaves and steam until just tender.
- Prepare the stuffing as follows: boil the peeled potatoes, mash, combine with browned onion and mushrooms.
- Place some of the stuffing on each cabbage leaf and fold over the edges to make an "envelope".
- Brown the cabbage rolls and transfer to a griddle.
- Pour over the sour cream or sour cream sauce and stew until done.