- Steam or boil the potatoes for 10 – 15 minutes, or until just tender
- Drain well and return to the pan.
- Stir over medium heat to remove excess moisture, then mash well.
- Stir in the cream or melted butter, one egg, the nutmeg and some salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Spread the potato onto a plate with a spoon, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Divide the potato mixture into 12 evenly sized portions and form each one into a sausage shape about 8 cm long.
- Place the flour and breadcrumbs into two separate shallow dishes.
- Lightly bat the remaining eggs and pour into a shallow bowl.
- Roll the croquettes in the flour and shake off the excess.
- Dip in the beaten egg, then coat evenly in the crumbs, shaking off the excess.
- Place the croquettes in a single layer on a try or plate, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Fill a deep heavy-based pan a third full of oil and heat to 180°C (350°F) (a cube of bread dropped in the oil will brown in 15 seconds).
- Cook the croquettes in batches for 5 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove carefully with a slotted spoon, drain on paper towels and keep warm while cooking the remaining croquettes.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.