Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Braham Estate in Greenville, Texas in 1992.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large white onion finely chopped
- 2 pounds baking potatoes peeled and cut into chunks
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- Melt butter in a larger pot then add onions and cook over medium heat until softened.
- Add potatoes, chicken broth and dill then bring to boil and reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer until potatoes are tender.
- Mash potatoes in soup to a coarse texture then stir in milk and corn and heat several minutes.
- Remove soup from heat and stir in cheese until melted.
- Season with salt and pepper.