Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is a recipe I obtained from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Hunter Estate in Saginaw, Texas in 1991.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 8 ounces bacon diced
- 2 large potatoes peeled and cubed
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup diced green pepper
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt divided
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup milk
- ⅓ cup buttermilk
- ¼ cup baking mix
- 2 tablespoon melted butter
- Cook bacon in skillet until browned then remove and drain on paper towel.
- Pour off all but 4 tablespoons bacon drippings from skillet.
- Cook potatoes, onion, green pepper, pepper and half of the salt in bacon fat until potatoes are tender about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in bacon.
- Beat together eggs, cheese, milk, baking mix, butter and remaining salt.
- Pour egg mixture into a greased quiche dish.
- Spoon potato mixture on top of eggs then bake at 375°F for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cut into wedges.