As usual, I tweaked a favorite recipe to make it even better. This is SO easy, and tastes even better the next day. Feel free to adjust any of the ingredients to your liking. It will come out great! I highly recommend serving with my Spicy Croutons on top.
- 2 medium leeks, ¼ inch slices
- 3 potatoes, ¼ inch diced
- 5 cups water or stock
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter/olive oil
- 4 tablespoons fresh dill,chopped
- 1 cup milk or ½ cup cream
- Heat butter in large stock pot over low heat.
- Cook onion and garlic until tender.
- Add potato and leeks- cook for 10 minutes, uncovered, stirring occasionally.
- Add stock ,dill, salt and pepper and bring to boil.
- Reduce to simmer for 15 minutes, or until potato is tender.
- Whizz with blender stick for 30 seconds or blender in batches (careful with hot in blender) Leave chunky.
- Add cream or milk and adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with croutons and fresh dill, chopped.