A fluffy seafood-potato salad which can be served anytime. feel free to substitute a can of tuna, a can of baby shrimp, or ½ lb. of shredded imitation crabmeat for the real stuff. Note: Most potato salads in Hawaii do not include mustard.
- 6 small russet potatoes
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) can lump crabmeat, drained
- 1 (2.25 ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
- ½ carrot, grated
- ½ cup mayonnaise, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon white sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place potatoes into a large saucepan with enough water to cover.
- Bring to a boil, and cook over medium-high heat for 30 minutes, or until tender.
- Drain, peel and dice while still hot.
- This is what will make the salad fluffy.
- Cover and refrigerate until cold.
- In a large serving bowl, toss together the potatoes, eggs, crabmeat, black olives and carrot.
- Sprinkle with sugar, and stir in enough mayonnaise to moisten.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill until ready to serve.