- Wash and stem the okra, and then slice it very fine.
- Chop the tomatoes fine, being careful to preserve the juice.
- Chop the onions fine and fry them in the butter.
- Add the chopped thyme, bay leaf, parsley, and tomatoes, and the pepper pod.
- After letting them stew for about five minutes, add the okra.
- Stir almost constantly, as the okra burns quickly.
- When well browned, add the juice of the tomatoes.
- Then add the hot water, and let the soup simmer well for about an hour and a half. Season to taste with Maison Louisianne Creole Spices, salt, and pepper, and serve hot, with Croutons.