Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Wash and stem the okra, and then slice it very fine.
- Chop the tomatoes fine, being careful to preserve the juice.
- Chop the onions fine and fry them in the butter.
- Add the chopped thyme, bay leaf, parsley, and tomatoes, and the pepper pod.
- After letting them stew for about five minutes, add the okra.
- Stir almost constantly, as the okra burns quickly.
- When well browned, add the juice of the tomatoes.
- Then add the hot water, and let the soup simmer well for about an hour and a half. Season to taste with Maison Louisianne Creole Spices, salt, and pepper, and serve hot, with Croutons.