Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
I found this recipe in "Elle" magazine and just had to try it. This is a great comfort food recipe for cold & flu season, as it helps fight those bouts of the chills! It's also a nice recipe for dinner parties because, although it's a little time-consuming to prepare, it is easy to make, and is quite filling, so a little goes a long way. Hope you enjoy it!
- 3 leeks
- 3 potatoes
- 1 liter chicken bouillon
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 piece ginger
- ¼ loaf stale French bread
- ½ bunch fresh chives
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (approx.)
- salt and pepper
- Wash and peel the potatoes and cut into small chunks.
- Wash and chop leeks.
- Peel and chop ginger (i couldn't find whole ginger in the supermarket, so i just used regular ground ginger, 1 to 1½ tsp, I think)
- Cut or tear the bread into small pieces.
- Heat olive oil in a pan and add bread.
- Brown bread until just toasted.
- Move bread onto a paper towel-lined plate to absorb excess oil.
- Wash and chop chives (here again, i just used dried chives as the store was out of fresh).
- In a large saucepan, cook potatoes in the bouillon for 25 minutes.
- In a sauté pan, melt butter and stir in ginger.
- Then add the leeks and let sautée 8 minutes, stirring often.
- When the potatoes are ready, add the leeks and the bread to the saucepan.
- Mix well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour into soup bowls.
- Sprinkle with chives and serve topped with a spoonful of sour cream.