- 1½ cup diced, cooked turkey
- ¼ cup chopped green onion
- 1 cup shredded jack cheese
- ½ can (4oz) dried green chilies
- ¾ cup sour cream or plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tsp chili powder
- ⅔ cup tomato sauce
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp salt, if desired
- In a bowl, combine the turkey, green onion, cheese, chilies and sour cream or yogurt - set aside.
- In a skillet or sauce pan, saute the onion in the oil until barely softened.
- Stir in garlic.
- Cook for one minute.
- Add chili powder, tomato sauce, broth, cumin and salt.
- Bring to a boil, stirring.
- Remove from heat.
- Fry tortillas in oil but just until soft-not crisp.
- Dip in the sauce.
- Smooth some filling on each tortilla and roll up.
- Place seam side down in a baking dish.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Spoon remaining sauce over, sprinkle with extra cheese.
- Heat at 375 °F for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Garnish with avocado and serve.