Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Pork and hominy soup.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 6 Servings
- 1 pound boneless lean pork
- 6 chicken thighs
- ½ medium onion (divided)
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and left whole (divided)
- 2 teaspoons salt (divided)
- 12 peppercorns (divided)
- 6 cups water (divided)
- 1 x 29-ounce can golden hominy
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- 6 to 8 radishes, chopped
- ½ head lettuce
- shredded 1 avocado, sliced
- 2 tablespoons dried leaf oregano, crushed
- 6 small limes, halved
- Cut pork into 1-inch cubes and place in a large saucepan.
- Place chicken thighs in another large saucepan.
- Cut onion half into 2 pieces.
- In each saucepan, place 1 piece of onion, 1 clove garlic, 1 teaspoon salt, 6 peppercorns and 3 cups water.
- Bring each to a boil.
- Skim foam from surface.
- Cover pork and simmer 1 hour.
- Cover chicken and simmer 45 minutes.
- Remove cooked pork and chicken from broths with a slotted spoon and place ina large pot or dutch oven.
- Strain broths, discard solids, and add broths to meat.
- Drain and rinse hominy and add to meat.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer 30 minutes.
- Taste posole and add more salt if needed.
- Serve in large soup bowls.
- Add garnishes to soup as desired.