This recipe taken from www.Portuguese-recipes.com
- 3 cups water
- 1 or 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 or 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 chopped tomato
- 3 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 4 large potatoes
- 1 lb of chourico
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Pour water into a roasting pan.
- Add vinegar to taste.
- The water should have just a hint of vinegary taste.
- Sprinkle paprika over the water and mix, removing the lumps.
- Add salt, pepper, Onion, tomato, parsley and potatoes.
- Before cooking add chourico. Bake for 2 hours. Do not cover potatoes because they will steam and not roast.
- The potatoes will have a nice red color when they are done.