Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe taken from www.Portuguese-recipes.com
- 4 or 5 lbs roast chuck or bottom round
- 1 lb chourico
- 1 large onion sliced finely
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tbsp hot crushed peppers (wet)
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 bouillon cube
- 2 packs azafran  (Goya) (optional)
- ½ tsp Italian marjoram
- ½ tsp thyme
- ½ tsp parsley
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp basil
- ½ tsp salt and pepper to taste
- 2 to 3 cans tomato sauce
- enough water to cover vegetables
- Place all ingredients in a large enough roasting pan to hold it all.
- Cover with foil and cook at 325°F to 350°F for 5 hours.
- ↑ Despite the name, azafran is not the same as saffron, which is an expensive spice derived from the crocus plant in the iris family. (Saffron can be substituted for azafran, though: use 1 pinch of saffran for 2 tablespoons of azafran). Azafran is commonly sold in Latin American markets and specialty herb stores. It can also be ordered by mail. It is best stored in a cool dark place and will last several months in a sealed plastic or glass container.