Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Original Recipe by: Twelve Months of Monastery Soups. p. 51
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 3 onions, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 butternut squash, peeled,
- 1 potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 carrot, peeled and sliced
- 7 cups chicken stock, or vegetable stock
- salt and pepper, to taste
- ⅓ cup parsley, minced
- fresh thyme leaves
- Pour the olive oil into a large soup pot and saute the onions and garlic over low heat for 3-5 minutes. Turn off the heat, cover the pot and let the onion-garlic mixture steam for 15 minutes.
- Add the squash, potato and carrot and stir the mixture well. Pour in the stock and bring the soup to a boil. Reduce the heat, cover the pot, and let it simmer for 45 minutes.
- Add the seasoning and parsley, stir well, cover the pot , and continue simmering for another 15 minutes.
- Blend one third of the soup at a time in a blender or food processor and return it to the original, but clean, pot. Reheat the soup over low heat, but do not let it come to a boil.
- Serve hot and sprinkle fresh thyme leaves on top of each serving as garnish.