Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe taken from www.Portuguese-recipes.com
- 1 lb. of navy white pea beans
- ¾ to 1 lb. of linguiça
- ¼ lb. of bacon (cut up small)
- 16 oz. can of tomatoes
- 2 large onions
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- salt and pepper to taste.
- Soak beans overnight.
- Pre boil them the next day. for around 30 minutes.
- Chop onions and linguica into small pieces. Chop tomatoes. After the beans are pre-boiled drain and save the water.
- Mix in large bowl the beans, linguica, onions, tomatoes, salt, pepper, and bacon.
- Save a couple of strips of Bacon for the top later on.
- Put all this in a heavy metal pot or bean pot. Pour enough of the reserved bean water to cover the mixture.
- Bake in a 350 °F oven, covered, for 1¾ hours covered and then ½ hour uncovered.
- Add more bean water if it dries out.