Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Pork Recipes by the South Carolina Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- salt to taste
- 4 – 6 large portobello mushrooms
- pepper to taste
- 16 oz. whole milk ricotta cheese
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic
- 7 slices maple-flavored bacon
- 40 oz. pork loin
- 1 bunch cilantro (fresh)
- Mince fresh garlic.
- Rinse and pinch leaves of cilantro from the stems.
- Clean and slice portobella mushrooms to desired thickness.
- To prepare pork loin, cut the loin so that it will unfold to a flat surface so the pork will be ready to roll.
- Once the pork loin is lying flat, lay cilantro leaves and garlic across the surface.
- Spread ricotta cheese across the canvas of the loin, about one half inch thick.
- From the edge you will use to start the rolling of the loin, place mushrooms in a single layer.
- Roll the loin, adding mushrooms while rolling until loin has been completed rolled.
- Next, salt, pepper and garlic to taste.
- Brush outside of loin with soy sauce.
- Wrap loin with maple flavored bacon and bind with cooking string.
- Bake at 425°F for approximately 45 minutes, or until loin temperature reaches 155°F.
- While you are baking the pork loin, it is now time to prepare the vinegar reduction sauce.
- In a saucepan, add 1 cup balsamic vinegar.
- Simmer until thickening begins.
- Gradually add butter to the vinegar until desired taste and thickness.