Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Carrot casserole. Serve with ham at Christmas meal.
- 1.5 dl (3/4 c) rice
- ½ l (1 pt) water
- ½ l (1 pt) milk
- ½ kg (1 lb) carrots
- ½ Tbs salt
- 1 Tbs brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- bread crumbs
- butter or margarine
- Cook the rice first in water, then add the milk. Let simmer till soft and sticky. Cool.
- Rinse, peal and grate the carrots.
- Add to the carrots the seasonings and the beaten eggs.
- Add this mixture to the rice.
- Pour onto a greased baking dish, sprinkle bread brumbs on top and garnish with dots of butter or margarine. Bake in a 200 °C (400 °F) oven for 40 mins.