Carrot casserole. Serve with ham at Christmas meal.
- 1.5 dl (3/4 c) rice
- ½ l (1 pt) water
- ½ l (1 pt) milk
- ½ kg (1 lb) carrots
- ½ Tbs salt
- 1 Tbs brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- bread crumbs
- butter or margarine
- Cook the rice first in water, then add the milk. Let simmer till soft and sticky. Cool.
- Rinse, peal and grate the carrots.
- Add to the carrots the seasonings and the beaten eggs.
- Add this mixture to the rice.
- Pour onto a greased baking dish, sprinkle bread brumbs on top and garnish with dots of butter or margarine. Bake in a 200 °C (400 °F) oven for 40 mins.