Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 6 pork chops, cut about ½ inch thick
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- ⅓ cup diced onion
- ⅓ cup diced celery
- ⅓ cup diced green pepper
- 1 can (15 oz) chicken broth
- 1 can (5 oz) evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons bacon grease (for frying)
- 2 tablespoons flour (for the roux)
- Tabasco to taste
- Wash chops and dry on paper towel.
- Mix flour, salt, pepper, cayenne, and thyme in bowl.
- Coat chops with flour mixture and place in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Discard coating mix.
- In a large skillet, heat bacon grease until almost smoking.
- Fry chops until brown and remove.
- Add remaining flour and stir until it is brown.
- Add the chicken broth and evaporated milk, stirring until it forms a gravy.
- Add onion, celery and bell pepper and stir until tender.
- Add Tabasco to taste and add the pork chops back to the skillet.
- Simmer on low for 1 hour until chops are falling off the bone.
- Serve over rice with hot corn bread and greens.