Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 6 pork chops, cut about ½ inch thick
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- ⅓ cup diced onion
- ⅓ cup diced celery
- ⅓ cup diced green pepper
- 1 can (15 oz) chicken broth
- 1 can (5 oz) evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons bacon grease (for frying)
- 2 tablespoons flour (for the roux)
- Tabasco to taste
- Wash chops and dry on paper towel.
- Mix flour, salt, pepper, cayenne, and thyme in bowl.
- Coat chops with flour mixture and place in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Discard coating mix.
- In a large skillet, heat bacon grease until almost smoking.
- Fry chops until brown and remove.
- Add remaining flour and stir until it is brown.
- Add the chicken broth and evaporated milk, stirring until it forms a gravy.
- Add onion, celery and bell pepper and stir until tender.
- Add Tabasco to taste and add the pork chops back to the skillet.
- Simmer on low for 1 hour until chops are falling off the bone.
- Serve over rice with hot corn bread and greens.