Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 6 servings
- 1½ pounds boneless pork steak
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce, divided
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch, divided
- vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1½ cups diagonally sliced celery
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 x 11-ounce can mandarin orange segments
- 1 x 10-ounce package fresh spinach (about 2 quarts)
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- Cut pork into 1-inch squares.
- Place in small bowl.
- Add 2 tablespoons soy sauce and 2 tablespoons cornstarch.
- Mix well. Let stand 30 minutes.
- Heat ¾ cup oil to 350°F in wok.
- Add one-fourth of the pork pieces and cook, stirring to separate pieces, about 4 minutes or until brown.
- Remove to absorbent paper.
- Repeat until all pork is cooked.
- Drain oil from wok.
- Wipe out with paper towel.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil to wok.
- Add onion, celery and garlic; stir fry until tender crisp, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Combine ginger, remaining 1 tablespoon cornstarch, 1 tablespoon soy sauce and syrup from mandarin oranges.
- Stir into meat mixture.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until clear and thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in spinach; cover and steam 1 minute.
- Gently stir in mandarin orange segments.
- Serve immediately over beds of fluffy rice.