Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 lb lean Pork or Turkey, minced
- 2 onions, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 oz butter
- 2 tbsps chopped fresh parsley
- 1 green pepper, seeded and chopped
- ¼ pt tomato juice
- 2 tbsps capers
- 3 tbsps Raisins
- 4 tbsps sherry or port
- 2 lb yam, peeled
- butter or olive oil to mash yam
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Fry the onions and garlic in the batter.
- Add the parsley, pepper and Pork and cook .
- Add salt, pepper and tomato juice and simmer , covered for 45 mins.
- Remove from heat and add capers, Raisins and wine.
- Boil the yam until tender and mash with butter or olive oil.
- Mix in the egg and baking powder.
- Fill with the meat mixture.
- Put the remaining yam puree evenly over the meat mixture.
- Bake for 35–45 minutes.
- Srve with steamed spinach or a salad.