- 2 tablespoons peanut oil, divided
- 2 lbs boneless Pork butt, cut into 1 in cubes
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 112 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2-1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 cup chunky Peanut butter
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup unsalted peanuts, shelled
- In a large pot, heat 1 tablespoons of the oil on high heat. When hot, add the Pork cubes and cook until soft. Stir in the garlic, curry powder, coriander, cumin, and crushed red pepper. Cook 1 minute. Add ginger, cinnamon, bay leaf, salt, chicken broth, and tomato paste.
- Bring liquid to a boil, cover and simmer on low for 45 minutes. Add Peanut butter and blend well. Cook stew another 3 minutes, uncovered to blend.
- Stir in chopped tomato and bell pepper. Simmer 2–3 minutes, just until the vegetables soften but still retain shape.
- Before serving, taste to correct seasonings; You may wish to add a final splash of lemon juice to refresh the flavors.