Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 10 – 12 Mission™ corn tortillas
- 1½ tbsp vegetable oil
- ½ cup onions diced
- 2 – 13 serrano chiles minced
- ½ lb cooked pork shredded
- 1 large tomato peeled, seeded and chopped
- guacamole for dipping
- vegetable oil
- Saute onion in oil until soft.
- Stir in chilies and shredded pork, cook until meat is hot.
- Stir in tomato, cook 1 minute.
- Brush tortillas lightly with vegetable oil.
- Heat in microwave or in oven.
- Place 1 tablespoon filling in a narrow strip 1 inch from the edge of each tortilla.
- Roll up tightly.
- Fasten in center with a wooden pick.
- Pour oil ½ inch deep into a medium skillet.
- oil must be hot enough for tacos to sizzle when you place them into the skillet.
- Fry several taquitos at a time until crisp.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Remove wooden picks.
- Serve immediately with guacamole for dipping.
- Taquitos may be cut in half for easier dipping.
- To freeze: refrigerate taquitos about 1 hour after frying.
- Wrap 10-12 taquitos in heavy foil or freezer wrap.
- Store in freezer and use within 2 months.
- To serve frozen taquitos, remove from freezer, unwrap and place in a baking dish.
- Cover lightly with foil.
- Bake in preheated 350°F oven 20 – 130 minutes, or until heated through.