A River of Recipes: Native American Recipes Using Commodity Foods by the USDA Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 8
- 2½ pounds lean pork loin chops
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups carrots, sliced
- 2 cups green pepper, sliced
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup water, divided
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- hot cooked rice
- Trim excess fat and bone from pork and discard.
- Cut against the grain, in diagonal slices ¼ inch thick.
- In a large pan, brown meat in hot oil, stirring constantly.
- Remove from pan.
- Sprinkle salt over pork.
- Reduce heat; add vegetables and ½ cup water.
- Stir to mix.
- Cover and cook about 10 minutes.
- Combine soy sauce, garlic powder, cornstarch, ginger, and ½ cup water in a small bowl.
- Add to vegetable mixture.
- Return pork to pan and cook 3–4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cut tomatoes into quarters.
- Stir into pork mixture and heat thoroughly.
- Serve over hot cooked rice.