Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 4 servings of pork stew.
- 1 tbsp oil
- ¾ pound boneless pork shoulder, cut in chunks
- 3 cups coarsely chopped onions
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 ancho chiles, stems and seeds removed, rinsed
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 15 oz can white hominy or corn kernels, drained
- Heat oil in saucepan.
- Add pork and brown on all sides.
- Add onion and garlic and cook until lightly browned.
- Add broth, chiles and oregano.
- Bring to a simmer, cover and cook 1 hour or until pork is tender.
- Add hominy and simmer uncovered 10 minutes.
Slow cooker Edit
- Put browned pork, onion and garlic in cooker along with broth, chiles, oregano and hominy.
- Cover and cook on high 5 hours or low 10 hours.
- Skim off and discard any skins from the chiles.
- Ladle stew into soup bowls and serve with shredded lettuce, chopped plum tomatoes, slivered onion and lime wedges.