Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 4 servings of pork stew.
- 1 tbsp oil
- ¾ pound boneless pork shoulder, cut in chunks
- 3 cups coarsely chopped onions
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 ancho chiles, stems and seeds removed, rinsed
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 15 oz can white hominy or corn kernels, drained
- Heat oil in saucepan.
- Add pork and brown on all sides.
- Add onion and garlic and cook until lightly browned.
- Add broth, chiles and oregano.
- Bring to a simmer, cover and cook 1 hour or until pork is tender.
- Add hominy and simmer uncovered 10 minutes.
Slow cooker Edit
- Put browned pork, onion and garlic in cooker along with broth, chiles, oregano and hominy.
- Cover and cook on high 5 hours or low 10 hours.
- Skim off and discard any skins from the chiles.
- Ladle stew into soup bowls and serve with shredded lettuce, chopped plum tomatoes, slivered onion and lime wedges.