Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Serves 4 to 6
- Cooking time: 3½ hours
- Season pork with ginger, onions, salt, pepper, and lemon juice in a large deep saucepan.
- Add water and boil slowly for 30 minutes.
- Cool for 30 minutes and remove meat, reserving stock for basting.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Stir tomato sauce into stock and empty it into a large baking dish.
- Place this under the rack at the center of oven.
- Transfer roast onto the rack so that juices from the meat can drip into the dish underneath.
- Continue baking at 350°F, allowing 1 hour per pound.
- Baste constantly with seasoned stock.
- Cook until meat is completely done (when no juice comes out when meat is prickled).
- Gravy underneath meat should be sizzling by this time (2½ hours).