Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Traditional Spanish tapas fare, pork pinchos make a great main course when served with a salad of tender cabbage and creamy avocado sweetened with juicy orange sections. An extra squeeze of orange just before serving is a nice touch.
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: South Beach Diet Taste of Summer Meal Plan
- Prep time: 30 minutes | Marinating time: 30 minutes | Cook time: 15 minutes
- Makes 4 servings
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp cayenne
- 1½ lb pork center loin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 (1-lb) head napa cabbage, thinly sliced (6 cups)
- 1 seedless orange, peeled and chopped
- 1 small avocado, finely chopped
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- pinch cayenne
- 1 small orange, peeled and cut into 8 wedges
Special equipment Edit
- 4 (12-inch) skewers
- In a large bowl, combine paprika, cumin, garlic powder, and cayenne.
- Add pork and turn to coat; cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Thread pork evenly onto skewers.
- In another large bowl, combine cabbage, chopped orange, avocado, scallions, oil, salt, black pepper, and cayenne.
- Transfer salad to a large platter.
- Lightly coat a grill or grill pan with cooking spray and heat to medium-high.
- Grill pork, turning frequently, until cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Serve warm on top of salad, and put orange wedges on the side.
Nutritional information Edit
- 390 Calories | 20g Fat | 5g Saturated Fat | 40g Protein | 13g Carbs | 5g Fiber | 240mg Sodium