Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
I posted this recipe as someone else was looking for a recipe that seemed similar. It's from Recipehound's Czech recipes.
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
- 1 lb Pork, cubed
- 4 medium potatoes, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large Onion, finely chopped
- 6 cups beef broth or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 1 teaspoon crushed caraway seeds
- Fry the Onion in 2 tbsp butter over low heat until wilted and almost golden brown.
- Raise the heat to medium, add the Pork and fry till browned, stirring occasionally.
- Pour on the broth and bring to a slow boil.
- Add salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered for about 1 hour or till the meat is tender.
- Spoon away the grease from the surface of the soup.
- In a frying pan, melt the remaining butter on medium, then add the flour and fry it for two to three minutes, stirring often.
- Add some warm broth to the roux, mixing well; bring to a boil, then stir this mixture into the soup.
- Add the carrots, potatoes, paprika, garlic, and marjoram to the soup.
- Cook about half an hour till the vegetables are done.