Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 package [2 ounces, 55g] bean threads or cellophane noodles
- 1 medium Onion [about 4 ounces, 110g] , peeled and quartered
- 1 medium tomato [about 5 ounces, 140g ],quartered
- 1 stick unsalted butter [4 ounces 110g]
- 1 /2 pounds Pork shoulder [680g], cut into 1-inch[2.5 cm] cubes
- 1/2 cup water [120ml]
- 3 medium fresh green chile peppers [ 1 1/2 ounces total, 45g], seeded and cut into julienne strips
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Soften the bean threads in a bowl of boiling water for 2 minutes. Drain and cut into 6-inch [15 cm] lengths. Chop the Onion coarsely with the metal blade of a food processor, about 4 pulses. Set aside. Chop the tomato coarsely, about 4 pulses. Melt the butter in a large saucepan. Add the Onion, tomato, Pork, and water and simmer over low heat until just tender, about 1 hour and 35 minutes. Add the bean threads, chile peppers, and salt and pepper to taste and simmer until heated through, about 10 minutes. Makes 6 servings