Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 4 servings
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery, divided
- 1 cup chopped Onion, divided
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 5 peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 medium Apple, cored and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 4 Pork loin rib chops (about 2 pounds), cut 1-1/2 inches thick
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Combine 1/2 cup celery, 1/2 cup Onion, broth, bay leaf and peppercorns in 13x9-inch baking pan. Set aside.
- Cook remaining 1/2 cup celery and 1/2 cup Onion in butter in large skillet over medium-high heat until Onion is transparent. Stir in rice, Apple, walnuts, salt and pepper; remove from heat.
- Cut a horizontal pocket in each chop; fill with rice stuffing. Secure with wooden picks. Place additional rice stuffing in baking dish and cover.
- Lightly sprinkle chops with salt and ground black pepper. Brown chops, two at a time, in hot oil over medium-high heat, turning once.
- Place chops in broth in baking pan. Cover with foil; bake at 350 degrees 30 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 30 minutes.
- Bake additional stuffing at 350 degrees 30 minutes. Strain liquid from Pork chop baking dish; serve with Pork chops.