Makes 4 servings
- 4 lean Pork chops, about 1/2 inch thick
- seasoned salt
- 3/4 cup uncooked rice
- 3/4 cup sliced green onions*
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 17-ounce can chunky mixed fruit (drain; reserve syrup)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Sprinkle chops with seasoned salt and brown on each side in lightly greased skillet. Remove chops. Add rice and white part of onions.
- Cook until golden brown. Stir in broth, 3/4 cup reserved syrup, lemon juice and lemon peel.
- Place chops over rice mixture. Cover and bake at 350 degrees 20 minutes. Stir in fruit and green onion tops.
- Adjust seasonings, if necessary. Replace cover and continue baking 15 minutes longer. Fluff lightly with fork.