Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 6 servings
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- 1/2 cup Onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup 2 ounces grated Cheddar Cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed tarragon leaves
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 Pork chops, 1-1/2 to 2 inches thick
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup Burgundy wine
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup sliced fresh Mushrooms
- Combine rice with Onion, Cheese, parsley, tarragon, salt and pepper.
- Slit each chop from outer edge toward bone, making a pocket. Fill each pocket with 1/2 cup rice mixture; secure with toothpicks or small skewers.
- Cook Pork chops in vegetable oil until brown in large skillet, about 8 to 10 minutes. Pour off excess fat. Add chicken broth and wine. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 30 to 35 minutes or until chops are tender. Remove chops; keep warm.
- Add cornstarch; combine with 1/4 cup water, and Mushrooms. Cook, stirring, about 2 minutes or until sauce is clear and thickened, and Mushrooms are cooked.
- Serve chops with sauce and remaining rice mixture.