Pork marinade Edit
- Cut the pork into thin strips.
- Add seasonings to pork, adding the cornstarch last.
- Marinate the pork for 10 – 15 minutes.
- While pork is marinating, prepare vegetables and sauce.
- Whisk together the sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Cut bamboo shoots into thin strips.
- Slice the mushrooms and water chestnuts.
- Cut the green pepper in half, remove the seeds and slice diagonally.
- For the bok choy, separate each stalk and leaves.
- Cut the stalk diagonally and cut the leaves across.
- Cut the celery diagonally.
- Cut the onion in half, peel, and slice thinly.
- Place the vegetables on a large tray, being careful to keep each group separate (include the bok choy stalks and leaves), and set aside.
- Heat wok and add oil.
- When oil is ready, add the pork.
- Stir-fry pork until redness is gone.
- Remove and set aside.
- Reheat wok and add more oil.
- When oil is ready, stir-fry each of the vegetables.
- The order doesn't matter, but you can stir-fry the onions and celery together and the green pepper and snow peas together.
- When cooking the bok choy, add the stalk first.
- Add salt to taste as desired while stir-frying each group of vegetables.
- Add water and cover wok while cooking bok choy, as it doesn't contain much moisture.
- Reheat wok and add oil.
- Give the sauce a quick re-stir.
- Add and combine all the cooked ingredients in the wok.
- Make a "well" in the center and gradually add the sauce, stirring to thicken.
- Once it has boiled, remove the chop suey from the stove.
- Serve hot.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.