Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Pork marinade Edit
- Cut the pork into thin strips.
- Add seasonings to pork, adding the cornstarch last.
- Marinate the pork for 10 – 15 minutes.
- While pork is marinating, prepare vegetables and sauce.
- Whisk together the sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Cut bamboo shoots into thin strips.
- Slice the mushrooms and water chestnuts.
- Cut the green pepper in half, remove the seeds and slice diagonally.
- For the bok choy, separate each stalk and leaves.
- Cut the stalk diagonally and cut the leaves across.
- Cut the celery diagonally.
- Cut the onion in half, peel, and slice thinly.
- Place the vegetables on a large tray, being careful to keep each group separate (include the bok choy stalks and leaves), and set aside.
- Heat wok and add oil.
- When oil is ready, add the pork.
- Stir-fry pork until redness is gone.
- Remove and set aside.
- Reheat wok and add more oil.
- When oil is ready, stir-fry each of the vegetables.
- The order doesn't matter, but you can stir-fry the onions and celery together and the green pepper and snow peas together.
- When cooking the bok choy, add the stalk first.
- Add salt to taste as desired while stir-frying each group of vegetables.
- Add water and cover wok while cooking bok choy, as it doesn't contain much moisture.
- Reheat wok and add oil.
- Give the sauce a quick re-stir.
- Add and combine all the cooked ingredients in the wok.
- Make a "well" in the center and gradually add the sauce, stirring to thicken.
- Once it has boiled, remove the chop suey from the stove.
- Serve hot.