Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe taken from www.Portuguese-recipes.com
- Makes 10 sandwiches.
- 3 lbs. of pork blade meat, cut into 1½ inch pieces
- ¾ lb. of pork liver, cut into 1½ inch pieces( this you can leave out if so desire)
- ¼ cup of vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of salt
Spice Bag Ingredients Edit
- 2 tablespoons of chopped red peppers
- 2 tablespoons of pickling spice
- 2 tablespoons of whole allspice
- 5 bay leaves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons of minced garlic or 5 cloves sliced thin
- Put the meat into a 2-quart saucepot.
- Add water to just below the top of the meat.
- Add vinegar, salt and red peppers to the pot and mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Tie the spices and garlic securely in a piece of cheesecloth.
- Bury this in the middle of the saucepan.
- Marinate in the refrigerator at least 24 hours.
- You will need a cheesecloth for this step.
- When your ready to prepare the caciola simmer for 3 hours on low heat.
- Cook until the meat is tender.
- Remove the spice bag when broth is flavored to your liking (around 2 hours).
- Serve with Portuguese rolls.
- If you want to serve it as an entrée, add cut potatoes to the caciola in last half hour.