Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
You could use any kind of leftover cooked pork to make this delicious dish — slices or chops from a roast — or even cook up extra chops when next you are frying some you'll have them handy.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: The Fannie Farmer Cookbook by Marion Cunningham
- Typed by: Susan <email@example.com>
- Serves 4
- 1 small cabbage or ½ large (about 1½ lbs)
- ½ cup heavy cream
- freshly ground pepper
- ½ tsp caraway seeds
- ½ tsp paprika
- 4 thick slices cooked pork or leftover chops
- ½ cup grated Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Shred cabbage, discarding the core.
- Boil in several quarts of salted water for 5 minutes.
- Bring the cream to a boil, then add the well-drained cabbage, salt and pepper to taste, caraway, and paprika, and cook briskly, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Distribute half the cabbage and cream over the bottom of a baking dish, place the pork on top, seasoning it well to taste and adding any drippings that may be left over from cooking; add the rest of the cabbage, and top with the cheese.
- Bake for 40 minutes.