You could use any kind of leftover cooked pork to make this delicious dish — slices or chops from a roast — or even cook up extra chops when next you are frying some you'll have them handy.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: The Fannie Farmer Cookbook by Marion Cunningham
- Typed by: Susan <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Serves 4
- 1 small cabbage or ½ large (about 1½ lbs)
- ½ cup heavy cream
- freshly ground pepper
- ½ tsp caraway seeds
- ½ tsp paprika
- 4 thick slices cooked pork or leftover chops
- ½ cup grated Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Shred cabbage, discarding the core.
- Boil in several quarts of salted water for 5 minutes.
- Bring the cream to a boil, then add the well-drained cabbage, salt and pepper to taste, caraway, and paprika, and cook briskly, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Distribute half the cabbage and cream over the bottom of a baking dish, place the pork on top, seasoning it well to taste and adding any drippings that may be left over from cooking; add the rest of the cabbage, and top with the cheese.
- Bake for 40 minutes.