Pork, Ground, Frozen by the US Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 4
- 1 pound ground pork
- ⅓ cup uncooked rice
- ½ cup crushed saltine crackers
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup low fat milk or reconstituted non-fat dry milk
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Mix ground pork, raw rice, crushed crackers, egg, milk, and pepper together.
- Form into twelve meatballs and place in baking pan.
- Combine minced onion, tomato sauce, and water to make a sauce.
- Pour sauce over the top of the meatballs.
- Cover with lid or foil and bake for one hour at 350°F.