Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Ethnicity - Marathi, West Indian
- Type of meal - Party, Lunch, Dinner
- 250 g bengal gram
- 250 g maida
- 250 g jaggery
- 5 – 6 cardamoms, powdered
- ½ cup clarified butter (ghee)
- 3 tsp oil
- salt to taste
- ½ cup water
- Soak grams at night.
- Wash well the next day and boil.
- Drain all water and mix jaggery.
- Keep on slow fire for 5-6 minutes to allow all water to evaporate.
- Mix cardamom powder to the dry mixture.
- Keep aside and cool.
- Once cooled, grind the mixture to a fine paste.
- Prepare a soft dough of maida, salt, water and oil.
- Now with the hands prepare a small roti with the dough.
- Wrap the roti around a small ball of pooran.
- Flatten with hands and using a rolling pin, shape into a general roti.
- Put the roti on the pan and cook like any other roti.
- Serve with tea or bhaji.