Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Ethnicity - Assamee, North East Indian
- Type of meal - Party, Lunch, Dinner
- 500 g sole fish
- 2 tbsp mustard seeds, soaked and ground
- 1 bunch chopped coriander leaves or mint leaves
- 6 flakes of garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp chilli powder
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp mustard oil
- 1 tsp salt
- Ease the fillets away from the backbone of the , leaving them attached at the sides.
- Rub the oil on to the insides and outside of the whole .
- Apply in between the fillets.
- Mix together all the ingredients into a paste, marinate the with it, spooning the remaining into the insides of the for an hour.
- Wrap the in an aluminum foil and cook on a barbecue.
- If cooked on an open charcoal fire, wrap it in a banana leaf and tie up the inside the banana leaf till cooked and ready to be served.
- Serve with plain boiled rice.