Prep Time: None. Planning ahead is ridiculous for meals. When you feel hungry, you cook something. Doesn't take long to open the bag.
Cook time: Three minutes or longer. Until it looks done. Time is less if you are really impatient and don't mind it being a bit crunchy.
Serves: One. Who else would I be feeding?
Surprisingly, once you are old enough to leave home, your mom will no longer cook for you every day. This is the easiest, and perhaps only, type of meal that most men can make on their own. It does not require any real effort, nor an attention span, patience, or cleanup.
- Ramen instant noodles
- Flavor packs (optional)
- Open two packs of instant Ramen, put them in a pot.
- Add water.
- Put it on the stove, and set the stove to the highest setting.
- Check from time to time, and when it looks soft enough, poke it with a spoon to be certain, and then turn off the stove and move it to the sink.
- Run cold water on it to cool it off faster, careful not to spill any boiling hot water on yourself, then use a strainer.
- Eat from the strainer directly, no sense dirtying any dishes you don't have to. Rinse out pot and strainer once done, and its clean and ready to use for the next time.