- Combine pomegranate molasses, ground walnuts, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, turmeric, and saffron. Set aside.
- Clean chicken removing unnecessary bones and skin.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place chopped onion and 3 tbsp olive oil in a pot and saute 3 minutes.
- Then add the chicken pieces, salt, pepper, and turmeric.
- Add 1 cup of water and simmer over low heat for 30 minutes.
- Add the pomegranate mixture and simmer on low heat for 30 minutes longer (check water and add some if it is necessary).
- Add a bit more sugar if you want the sauce sweeter.
- Transfer to a deep serving pot, cover, and place in a warm oven until ready to serve.
- Serve with rice.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.