This recipe is great the next day. Reheat gently. It also makes fantastic sandwiches. Serve with Pan-grilled Broccoli or Herbed Zucchini.
- 3 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp canola or grapeseed oil
- ½ cup pineapple juice
- 1 cup pineapple (diced)
- 1 tbsp honey
- 16 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast (cut into ½ inch strips)
- Place the soy sauce, minced garlic, ginger, oil, pineapple juice, pineapple chunks and honey in a large glass or stainless bowl and mix well.
- Add the chicken strips and mix well.
- Chill for at least 2 hours (overnight is best).
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Place the chicken and sauce in a 12x9 inch oblong pyrex dish.
- Place the chicken in the oven and cook for about 20 – 25 minutes.
Nutritional information Edit
Per serving (1 chicken breast with sauce):
- Calories 214 | Calories from Fat 43
- % Daily Value: Total Fat 5g (8%) | Saturated Fat 1g (4%) | Monounsaturated Fat 1g | Trans Fat 0g | Cholesterol 65 mg (22 %) | Sodium 524 mg (22 %) | Total Carbohydrates 15g (5%) | Sugars 11g | Dietary Fiber 1g (3%) | Protein 27g | Vitamin A 1% | Vitamin C 31 % | Calcium 3% | Iron 8% | Vitamin K 0.6 mcg | Potassium 407 mg | Magnesium 45 mg