Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 2 cups wheat flour, sifted
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ½ cup cooking oil
- 1 egg at room temperature
- 2 tbsp butter, softened
- pinch of salt
- Blend sugar slowly into the oil.
- Add the egg, salt and butter and blend thoroughly.
- Blend the flour in, slowly and thoroughly.
- Roll the resulting dough into 1-inch balls and place in an ungreased cookie sheet, flattening each ball slightly with the palm of your hand.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F for 10 minutes.
- Serve warm as dessert or as a treat anytime throughout the day.
- In the rare event that they are not devoured immediately, polvorones will keep in a cookie jar for several days.