- 1 cup butter or margarine
- ½ cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup finely chopped pecans
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- powdered sugar
- Cream butter with the ½ cup of powdered sugar.
- Add vanilla.
- Combine flour, pecans and salt.
- Then add flour mixture to butter mixture, form dough, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake in 325°F oven 20 to 25 minutes until lightly browned.
- Roll warm cookies in powdered sugar.
- Cool on wire racks.