- 2 lbs of Chicken cut into small pieces
- 2 lemons cut into halves
- 2 green bell peppers
- 1/2 cup of chopped celery
- 1 small red onion chopped into small cubes
- 4 plum tomatoes cut into 4 quarters
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 1/8 cup of seedless sliced (optional)
- 2 tablespoons of tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon of mashed garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon of Sugar
- a pinch of oregano
- In a bowl mix the Chicken, oregano, Onion, celery, tomatoes, a pinch of salt and garlic.
- Marinate for 30 minutes.
- In a pot heat up the oil, add the Sugar and let the Sugar heat up until it becomes dark brown.
- Add the Chicken (reserve vegetables and herbs) and sauté until the meat is light brown.
- Add 2 tablespoons of water.
- Cover and simmer over medium heat until the meat is tender adjusting water when necessary.
- Add the remaining ingredients (except tomato paste), cover and and simmer until they are tender, adjust water if necessary.
- Add tomato paste and half a cup of water, simmer over low heat to produce a light sauce.
- Adjust salt to taste.