Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Mexican Chicken in Green Sauce.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Serves 4 to 6
- ½ cup (125 ml) shelled pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 1 cup (250 ml) chopped cilantro (coriander leaves)
- 1 cup (250 ml) chopped scallions (spring onions)
- 1 cup (250 ml) chopped canned or fresh tomatillos
- 1 jalapeño or other hot green chile, seeded and chopped, or to taste
- about ½ cup (125 ml) chicken stock or water
- 3 tbs (45 ml) vegetable oil
- 2 – 3 lbs (900 – 1350 g) chicken parts
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Toast the pumpkin seeds in a dry skillet over moderate heat until lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Combine in a blender with the cilantro, scallions, tomatillos, jalapeño, and enough chicken stock to make a smooth, thin paste.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large heavy skillet, preferably non-stick, over moderate heat.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and brown on all sides in the hot oil.
- Add the green sauce and enough additional chicken stock to make a thin, soupy sauce.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer uncovered until the chicken is tender, 20 to 30 minutes.