Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Guatemalan chicken with pineapple. It smells sooo good while it cooks!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or vegetable oil
- 3 – 3½ lbs broiler-fryer chicken, in pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pineapple, cut in 1 inch cubes or 1 (20 ounce) can unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
- ½ cup dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 dash pepper
- 2 medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- hot cooked rice (can cook concurrently so all is ready at the same time)
- Heat oil in lg skillet; cook chicken on med heat until brown on all sides—approx 15 minutes.
- Remove chicken, cook onionand garlic in remaining oil until onion is tender, stirring frequently.
- Return chicken to skillet.
- Mix all remaining ingredients except tomatoes (and rice!); pour over chicken.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and simmer 20 minutes.
- Add tomatoes; simmer, uncovered, until thickest pieces of chicken are cooked through—approx 20 minutes.
- Serve with rice.