Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Chicken in Pineapple. It is not sloppy wet like so many others out there. However, this recipe can be served wet too.
- 3½-4 lbs skinless chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 1 ripe pineapple, peeled,cored and chopped (save juice)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 fluid ounces lime juice
- 4 fluid ounces olive oil
- 4 fluid ounces white vinegar
- chicken stock (if necessary)
- salt and pepper
- ½ cup mixed salad greens, for garnish
- red peppers (to garnish)
Guatemalan fried rice Edit
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 2 cups rice
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 2 tablespoons peas
- ½ carrot, finely chopped
- 24 fluid ounces water
- 1 teaspoon Morton lite salt
- Marinate chicken in lime and garlic for two hours.
- Grill chicken pieces in a heavy skillet or on a barbecue.
- Add remaining ingredients to skillet containing chicken.
- If there is not enough pineapple juice, add enough chicken stock to cover chicken pieces.
- Cover and simmer over low heat until tender, about 45 minutes.
- Wash the rice and allow to dry.
- Heat shortening, then add rice and fry until well browned, stirring constantly.
- Add tomato and onion.
- Cook slightly.
- Add water, salt and other vegetables.
- Cover and bring quickly to a boil.
- Lower heat and cook for 45 minutes or until well done.