Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 (4-pound) stewing chicken, cut up
- 8 cups water
- 4 stalks celery with leaves
- 1 medium carrot, sliced
- 1 small onion, cut up
- 2 sprigs parsley
- 2 teaspoons instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 of a 10-ounce can (2/3 cup) tomatoes with green chiles
- 2 slices white bread, torn
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 4 whole cloves
- 3 whole black peppercorns
- 1 (1/2-inch stick) cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 small clove garlic, mlnced
- Place chicken pieces in Dutch oven with water. Add celery, carrot, onion, parsley, bouillon granules, and pepper.
- Bring to boiling. Cover and cook over low heat 2 to 2-1/2 hours or till chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken pieces. Place in a 2-quart casserole. Strain broth; skim off fat.
- Reserve 1-1/2 cups of the broth for sauce (cover and refrigerate remaining broth for another use).
- To prepare mole de cacahuate: In blender container place the reserved chicken broth, tomatoes with green chiles, bread, and peanut butter.
- Cover and blend till smooth. Turn into 2-quart saucepan.
- With mortar and pestle crush cloves, peppercorns, and cinnamon well; add to saucepan along with chili powder and garlic.
- Bring to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 15 to 20 minutes or till thickened, stirring often.
- Spoon mole de cacahuate over chicken in casserole.
- Bake, covered, in 350-degree F. oven 30 to 40 minutes or till heated through.
Contributed by: Edit
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.