Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe is for 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (3 to 4-lb) chicken, rinsed, patted dry, and cut into 8 serving pieces with all visible fat removed
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into ½-inch strips
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup dry white wine or rich chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 pound fresh green peas, shelled, or 1 (10-oz) package frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons finely minced fresh parsley
- Heat the oil in a large dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add the chicken, in batches, and cook until golden brown all over, about 7 minutes.
- Remove the chicken to a platter, and season with salt and black pepper.
- Discard all but 2 tablespoons fat from the dutch oven.
- Add the onion, garlic, bell pepper, carrot, and paprika; cook, stirring frequently, over medium heat until softened but not browned, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Season with oregano, salt, and black pepper.
- Add the water, wine, and tomato paste; bring to a boil, stirring and scraping all the brown bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Arrange the chicken over the vegetables, cover partially, and simmer 30 minutes.
- Add the peas, and simmer uncovered until the chicken is very tender, 20 to 30 minutes more.
- Taste for seasoning.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley just before serving.